Primary Authority is a statutory scheme under the Regulatory Enforcement and Sanctions Act 2008 (as amended) for businesses to form a legally recognised partnership (Primary Authority Partnership) with a local authority regulator.
The benefits of becoming a Primary Authority Partner:
- We act as a single point of contact for all your regulatory advice
- A named officer who gets to know your business and your needs
- As the single point of contact we can also co-ordinate other local authority regulators and provide evidence of your compliance
- Primary Authority allows us to provide you with a wide range of support tailored to your business including:
- assured advice that must be respected by other regulators
- review of your policies and procedures
- label and documentation checks
- compliance audits
- staff training
- complaint analysis and customer service support
- access to analytical testing services through our public analyst laboratories
Groups of businesses can also enter in to a Primary Authority Partnership e.g. business membership organisations, trade associations and franchises. By acting as a co-ordinator to assess your group's needs we can provide the services of Primary Authority which you then disseminate to your members.
Primary Authority services are provided on a cost recovery basis. Our set up package includes the application for approval for inclusion on the national Primary Authority register and an action planning meeting. Additional services are charged at an hourly rate.
For more information on Primary Authority or to form a Primary Authority Partnership, contact us here